We're a Fun, Relaxed Physical Therapy Clinic Looking For...
a Rockstar Administrative Assistant!
Do You Enjoy:
- Making Others Smile
- Meeting and Talking with a Variety of People
- Having a truly pivotal role in a company that helps active people stay fit, healthy and mobile while avoiding medications, injections and surgery?
If so, this could be the perfect position for you!
We need help keeping our physical therapy clinic running efficiently while maintaining a great vibe and ensuring patients always know they’ll be welcomed with a smile.
Before we dive into roles and tasks, let me give a quick background on the company and why this position is going to be so important...
Monarch Physical Therapy was founded in 2011, by myself, Brenda Bryson, PT, LMT. I have been a Physical Therapist since 1997 (graduate of Texas Tech University Health Science Center). I started taking classes in a treatment technique called Myofascial Release from John F Barnes in 2003, and became a Massage Therapist in 2007.
I grew up on a ranch in Fredericksburg, and still love to be outside. I love the vibe of the big city, but it energizes me to be in nature. My great-great-grandfather came over from Prussia on the boat and my family has lived on the same land since 1851. So when I say I’m from here, I’m also related to most of my clients in some distant way. I’m used to treating everyone like family, and the clinic has a warm, relaxing vibe. This feeling is intentional and important—I want a safe, relaxing work environment, and I also want that for my patients. I’m in this for the long haul, so a client relationship does not end when they are discharged from my care, because , odds are, I will run into them at church or HEB.
We work as a team, and each team player has roles, but if a therapist is the only one around she will answer the phone or change a sheet, because that is part of keeping the clinic running well.
The person in this position will have just as big a role in making that happen as the physical therapists do ... probably even bigger.
This job could be best described as a mix of “Office Administrator” and “Receptionist.” Though you will work in the clinic’s waiting area and perform the usual duties of a receptionist, you will also be taking care of many other administrative (and even some marketing) duties.
This is a full time position, 5 days per week, with flexibility and communication being very important. The schedule is worked out by our office manager, Crystal, and work days are planned 2-3 months in advance.
Here are the primary characteristics a candidate must have for this important role in our company:
- A warm and calming demeanor and an affinity towards communicating comfortably with new people and making them feel welcome
- Natural empathy and compassion for those in pain
- Willingness to learn and implement feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Fantastic organizational skills
We are looking for a candidate who is able to adhere to the following core values:
People First, Patient Second: See the person as a human being and relate with them on that level, then find out what they need. Connect and Re-Direct. We believe that the person who walks in our door is the 1st priority.
Pursue Growth and Learning: We are a company of self-starters who are never satisfied with the status-quo. We are always learning and not afraid to try new things. Personal growth and development using open and honest communication and regular feedback is vital to our success.
Keep It Positive: We help patients achieve positive and hopeful outcomes. Pain is normal, our goal is to help our patients understand what it means.
Do More with Less: We keep things simple. We are constantly streamlining and automating wherever we can. We strive for essential communication with patients about their body, treatment, and exercises. Less chat, more communication!
Over Deliver/ Go Above and Beyond Expectations: Provide an exceptional experience that was never expected.
Be Fully Present: Give patients and your work 100% Attention.
Model Healthy and Active Lifestyle: “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Exercise regularly, get regular treatment; be proactive about your health for your patients, friends & family.
Create Community: Patients are part of the Monarch PT family for life, through all ages and stages of life. Employees and staff are also connected and invested in serving the long term goals and mission of our practice. We are a family!
Be part of something bigger: Be a Yes and someone who is standing positively for what’s happening in your life and the lives you touch, and for what you want to have happen in your future (and your patient's future) - you’re a person who’s up to something bigger, and you can inspire our patients by showing up fully in your life.
The Successful Candidate...
The successful candidate will work for the owner of the business to ensure that these core values are present in the day to day running of the business – and ultimately, responsible for the successful growth of the business.
All hiring at Monarch Physical Therapy is made with these Core Values firmly in mind and we look forward to discussing them more with you at the interview - when we can also discuss other benefits and incentives of you choosing to join our team.
Excellent speaking/communication skills are also imperative. Outside of greeting and communicating with patients, the office administrator will be responsible for taking and returning phone calls as well as making calls to other healthcare offices.
And finally, you need to know your way around the computer pretty well. I don’t mean you need to be able to code websites or anything … most of the technical/computer-based aspects of this job are easily trainable. What I’m saying is that I’ll need someone who is tech savvy so the training on various IT tasks goes smoothly and you are able to efficiently learn, navigate, and execute these tasks.
Please re-read the last few paragraphs and core values again and make sure you deeply believe they describe you. Every characteristic is highly important and written very deliberately.
If they do describe you, we would love to meet you!
Now, let’s dive into the details of your duties and how you can apply for this position if you feel excited about the opportunity...
Regular Duties and Tasks Include:
- Being a warm and welcoming ambassador of the company - greeting patients when they arrive, getting them water, taking payments, and scheduling future appointments.
- Cheerfully answering the phone and returning patient and prospective patient calls. (You will be provided with scripts to guide many of your phone conversations...especially with prospective patient calls. It is important you are open to coaching and guidance on how to manage and process phone calls, because in many ways you will be our frontline ‘salesperson’)
- Creating and printing receipts for patients
- Being a grammar, spelling, and punctuation champion when sending and responding to emails
- Processing my email - I get a lot of email and probably 75% of it is manageable and easily addressed by a well-trained Office Administrator
- Efficiently transcribing audio/video files - we will be using a lot of video to promote the clinic and these will need transcription
- Filing paperwork –making sure faxes from MD’s get electronically filed in the electronic medical record.
- Smiling and connecting with people
- Ordering office supplies
- Laundering sheets/pillowcases daily
- Cleaning of the office (sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, tidying up, etc). we have a weekly cleaning service, but sometimes, things get dirty and need some attention.
- Being stoked to have a job where people love and appreciate you and value your presence every day
- Maintaining and managing the office’s "customer relationship management" (CRM) software
- Learning all about the exciting world of social media and online marketing
- Be flexible in your working hours
- Be responsible for limiting “drop-offs” - Patients who book appointments and then drop off schedule are not good for either parties involved. Because of that, you will be required to be pro-active in making regular re-activation phone calls to the people who have dropped off our schedule
- Being responsible for maintaining your own personal movement practice and taking care of your body at least 3 days a week. That may include walking, running, yoga, working out in a gym, crossfit, cycling, etc.
- Just being awesome in general and proactively thinking of things that could make a huge difference to the way the business runs
How To Apply...
Thanks for reading this far! You're already showing some of the characteristics we are looking for so if you’re interested in applying for this position, please send an email to: email@example.com and...
1) Use the Subject Line: I'm that rockstar admin assistant!
2) Within the email, please write a few sentences about why you feel you are a great fit for this position. I also want you to tell me about the last time you made someone happy.
Thank you so much for your interest in this position.
I hope to meet you soon!