Myofascial Self-Treatment Techniques Program
“Self-treatment is a powerful way for patients to enhance their progress while receiving Myofascial Release (MFR) Therapy.” -- John F. Barnes, PT
Elizabeth is a Licensed Massage Therapist specializing in the John F. Barnes method of Myofascial Release Therapy. She has been practicing MFR since January, 1995. Elizabeth has since received hundreds of hours of training in the John F. Barnes series of MFR courses earning the status of Expert Practitioner. In addition, she was also trained in Dr. Peter Levine’s three-year program for Somatic Experiencing, which is a body-oriented approach to the healing of trauma and other stress disorders.
Week 1: Intro into MFR Self Treatment
- What is fascia?
- Overview of MFR principles
- MFR stretches vs. traditional stretching
- Benefits of self treatment
- Telescoping or active elongation
- Feeling vs. thinking
- Frequency of home treatment program
Week 2: Lower Body
- Technique to balance pelvic rotation
- Stretches to relieve tightness in lower back and pelvis; releasing psoas, quads, piriformis, adductors & legs
Week 3: Rib cage
- Learn to release the diaphragm
- Trunk rotation releases
- Arm elongation stretches
Week 4: Neck and Shoulders
- Release sides, front and back of neck
- Shoulder and upper trapezius
- TMJ (jaw) releases
- Ear pulls
- Hair pull
Class Dates & Times
Come join our small class for instruction on self-care using the Myofascial Release principles.
Mondays, July 9 - July 30th
Thursdays July 12 - August 2
4 hours of instruction ($25 per class)
Includes Comprehensive Guide to MFR Self Treatment ($35)
4 inch therapeutic ball
Walk-in accepted on a space available basis only
$40 per class
What You Need to Do To Register...
Call now! Space is limited to 4-5 people per class, so calling the Boerne office 830.431.0773 to reserve the spot as soon as possible is essential.